Due to the new Youth Protection Training requirements which were posted June 1, ALL merit badge counselors MUST have their Youth Protection Training up to date by NO LATER THAN June 30, the due date for registration for merit badge counselors. Remember, Youth Protection Training is REQUIRED every two years.
Here is what YOU MUST DO NOW:
1. Go to the council home web pagehttp://www.boyscouts-ncac.org/openrosters/view_homepage.asp?orgkey=370
2. Read ALL of the information at the top of the page regarding changes to Youth Protection Training. Click on second "here" button to get the instructions on how to make sure your Youth Protection Training is up to date or take the Youth Protection Training course to make your Youth Protection Training up to date.
3. If your Youth Protection Training is not already up to date (that is, it shows in your MyScouting account that your Youth Protection Training is up to date), then follow the instructions in the posted directions to take the course.
4. When you have completed the course either send via e-mail attachment or print out and fax a copy of your Youth Protection Training certificate to the council person listed in the instructions.
5. If your Youth Protection Training is up to date (and you have verified it in MyScouting), then you do not need to do anything else.
If you do not make sure your Youth Protection Training us up to date by the registration due date of June 30, then you will be dropped as a merit badge counselor, so PLEASE make sure you are up to date TODAY!.
If you have any questions, please contact council registration at either of the phone numbers listed at the bottom of the instructions.