Following is the excerpt from our National Capital Area Council website:
"The Grand Centennial Parade commemorates the founding in 1910 of the Boy Scouts of America in the city of Washington, DC. Every parade has marchers who demonstrate their bearing and skills in front of the honored guests who have been selected to review the parade. Our parade marchers will include military organizations and bands, the Washington Metropolitan Police,National Park Service Rangers, and thousands of Cubs, Webelos, Boy Scouts,Venturers, Sea Scouts and Explorers. How fitting that they will be reviewed by our honored guests-- National Capital Area packs, troops, teams, crews,ships, and posts.
"Important information that you need to know:
- The parade will be 10A-5P on Sunday, 7/25/2010 on Constitution Ave. in Washington, DC.
We will do divisional support, i.e., float riders or walkers, banner bearers, flags, ... The Council will provide everything we need.
- The Council requires a nonrefundable fee of $20 per person (same for adults and scouts). Troop 466 will reimburse 50% of both the fee and Metrorail cost after your attendance.
- Please let Mr. Phan know if you are interested in attending and please pay by check or cash by April 18th. But you don't want to wait too long since the sooner we book the better chance that we'll get what we prefer. I will apply as soon as we have 2 adults and 10 scouts apply for and to secure our place in the parade. Note that after our initial application I still can add more participants until 6/11.
- Transportation: We will park and meet together at the Forest Glen Metro Station possibly around 8:30-9:00AM (It's free parking on Sundays). Troop 466 will purchase fare cards for you at that time. .
- Food and drink: Bring your own food, drink and snacks. We'll be discussing what to bring and how much as well as what to wear, especially for the new and younger scouts, in our Monday meetings.
- Parents, siblings and relatives are invited to come to cheer your sons, brothers, and nephews! Bring your cameras and video cameras to capture the celebration!!!