This is a very good year for the troop, as we have now completed two Eagle Scout projects!
This second project took place on August 20th at The Therapeutic & Recreational Riding Center in Glenwood, MD. The Center provides physical and occupational therapy services to children and adults with a wide range of physical, mental and emotional disabilities. For more information about them, go to: http://www.trrcmd.org
The project focused on an area which contains a pond and a variety of aromatic bushes which needed some major clean-up and improvements. The project consisted of a number of items, just to name a few:
- Draining and cleaning the pond. Replacing the pump in the pond.
- Weeding and mulching the path.
- Removal of a large bush.
- Trimming the existing rose and other bushes.
- Planting new rose and other bushes.
- Painting the mailboxes and street sign
The project was completed in one day!
Here are some photos with more photos to come!