Minimum Rank for this Job: First Class (preferred but not required)
Ranks that this job may apply toward: Star, Life, EagleJob
Description: Troop Webmaster is an elected leadership position but may be appointed. This Webmaster is responsible for ensuring Troop web site and Facebook page contains the information needed by the Troop 466 scouts..
The term are as follows:
- Completion of the Computers Merit Badge (within one month of election/assignment)
- Six month to one year Position of Responsibility
- One month probationary period in which the Webmaster shows responsibility for posting information on the Troop Blog/Website and Facebook within 24 hours.
- Poor performance can lead to the appointment of another member of the troop. If removed for poor performance, you will not be eligible for sign-off for leadership. You will not be eligible to use this time for any leader position for rank.
- Manage/Update the Troop Blog, which includes posting articles and updating the calendar at least once per week. All postings/changes to the website must be signed off by the Scoutmaster or other leader (as identified by the Scoutmaster)
- Manage/update the Troop Facebook page. All postings/changes to the Facebook page must be signed off by the Scoutmaster or other leader (as identified by the Scoutmaster).
- Obtain Web site improvement ideas/suggestions from the SPL and other Scouts. Implement with the approval of the SM or ASM.
- All passwords must be kept secure. Any security breach must be reported to the SPL, Scoutmaster and other leaders immediately.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the Scout uniform correctly to all meetings.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Participate in all Troop activities, including regularly scheduled meeting.